May 16, 2011

Why Men Choose Silver Jewelry over Gold Jewelry



I once asked my boy friend why he decided to have a piercing on his left ear. He simply answered because it is fashion. That was then I realized that not only women are fond of accessorizing themselves but also men. I asked him again, then why decide to wear a silver jewelry rather than wearing gold? He said imagine me wearing a gold earring? Will it look good on my ear? Will it look good on me? Will it reflect my personality? Then I looked at him for a while and smiled. How many men have you seen wearing a gold earring? He asked again. There was an awkward moment and then I take in the styles of the famous singers in the music industry. I imagined Chris Brown, T-Pain, Kanye West, T.I, Iyaz, Akon, and Usher and realized that I always watch those singers wearing sterling silver jewelry most of the time.

I said to myself, my boyfriend has a point but the main question is still why men choose to wear silver jewelries rather than gold jewelries. Does wearing such silvers will make them more masculine?

So I asked my boy friend again, what factors have you considered in choosing a silver jewelry over a gold jewelry. He then explained to me three factors.
Complexion – Most men are not well-matched with wearing gold jewelries. So to be safe, they prefer silver jewelries over gold jewelries. Silvers do not choose the complexion of its users. Whether you are dark, fair, or light, all types of silver jewelries will look good on you. While gold jewelries do not look excellent on people with dark complexion.
Fashion Statement – When men go out, they usually wear the typical shirt, jeans, and rubber shoes. This style of clothing will be best accessorized with silver jewelries rather than gold jewelries. Gold jewelries are only best worn during special and formal occasions that are oftentimes needed to be paired with coat and tie. In addition, men are like women, they would not want to be left behind with fashion.
Affordability – Men are not fond on spending expensive items for themselves. Most of the time, they will prefer spending their money on food and vices. So if they want to be ‘in,’ (like men are cool with earrings), they would probably favor items with cheaper price. In this case, men will favor silver over gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment